2015年3月6日金曜日

At the wheel

At the(And) (a)sleep at the wheel. The stunning video tonight (of the) bus driver who nods off and then smashes into car after car. Next tonight, bus driver who falls (asleep)at the wheel as cameras roll. ABC's Linsey Davis now on the multiple collisions. It happened last October around 6 p.m. it was olympia michigan (in Wes Bloomfield, Michigan). The driver quickly admitting to investigaters what went wrong. What happened? I fell asleep going down that hill. Sleepy drivers are to blame (for)one out of every five car accidents killing 7500 people seriously injuring 50000 each year. As for the solo(e) passenger on the bus. Are you alright? I sure I am, I think so. Her choice of seat on this day may have made all the difference.  

1. be to blame (for something)
 to be responsible for something bad
 ex) Which driver was to blame for the accident?

2. at (behind) the wheel
 at the helm of a ship, the steering wheel of a motor vehicle, etc
 ex) A bus driver who nods off at the wheel.

3.Her choice of seat on this day may have made all the difference.
 3-1 make a difference
  to have an effect/no effect on somebody/something
  ex) The rain didn't make much difference to the game.
 3-2 may (might) have pp
  to show that something has possibly happened now or happened at some time in the past     

When I go to KGU, I often use my bicycle, listening to English podcast. Riding bicycle makes me feel comfortable. But, during the period of exams for each semester, due to a large amount of reports and tests, I stay up late almost every nights. So, as I have feeling of sleepiness and fatigue that period of time, I have no choice but to use my car. 

Once I didn't get any sleep two days, on the way to the university, I fell asleep temporarily many times at the wheel. A catastrophic car accident may have happened if I had steered in the wrong direction. 

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿