2014年11月2日日曜日

BR:2-06 Frida Kahlo : Mexican painter


“Her leg had to be removed. But through it all, she continued to paint.”

Frida Kahlo is known as a famous Mexican woman painter. She left behind over 200 paintings for her life. Most of the theme of her works were her self-portrait, and those portraits were painted minutely and intensively.

I picked up this book at randomly, therefore I didn't know about her until I read it. Surprisingly, I like to see paintings or paints, such as Vincent Willem van Gogh, Gustave Caillebotte, Hasui Kawase, and so on.



Great paintings draw people into their world. People can see, feel, smell, hear something as if they were actually be there. Frida Kahlo's paintings were draw my attention into her world as well. According to this book, since she was a child, she usually gets sick, and also she had a car accident when she was young. Because of the injuries, she had been suffered from severe pain. 

I think that her paintings reflect the effect of her pains, sufferings, and anguishes. Exactly, her paintings are very good, but if someone asks me that "Do you like her paintings?" I would reply "No." Her works have a big impact on everyone who sees her paintings, but have a bad feeling on them as well. Abnormality is hard to understand. 



Woronoff, Kristen. (2002). Frida Kahlo: Mexican Painter. Boston : Thomson Heinle.
[207/4439]

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿