2014年11月17日月曜日

BR:2-08 Buddy, the first seeing eye dog

“But you must learn to pay attention to Buddy at all times. Your life may depend on it.”

I don't like to watch, read and listen to animal's death story, especially dogs. That makes me cry all the time. This book is written about the first seeing eye dog, "Buddy". The dog is a female German shepherd, and she is really friendly and smart. She understands many commands, such as Sit, Come, Forward, and so on. Also, she avoids her master from any kinds of dangerous.

Fortunately, most people can see everything. We can enjoy beautiful sights, we can choose many informations from surrounding media, and we can escape from menaces through our eyes. On the contrary, for blind people, reality is full of dangers. Seeing dogs are eyes for them.

Few months ago, I heard awful news that someone stabbed a seeing dog with sort of fork. The dog's master had never noticed until his colleagues told him about the injury. The reason why he didn't notice was the dog had never reacted someone's attack. I don't understand why the culprit did that base action, and I really felt sorry for the dog as well.

For blind people, lots of seeing dogs deserve their lives. I don't mean to blame the system of this guide dog, but are they really happy with spending their lives for people? I understand that I should not say such things...It is so sad. I hope that more high-tech devices, which help blind people will appear in the future.



by Moore Eva ; illustrated by Bolognese Don. (2003). Buddy, the first seeing eye dog. New York : Scholastic.

[246/5354]

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿