2014年12月1日月曜日

Movie Review 3: Rocky

Rocky Balboa was in a bad circumstance. He's been boxing since he was 15, but because of his left-handedness, most of boxers didn't want to fight him. As a result, for a living, he had to run an errand for a loan-shark. One day, a surprising rare chance came to him suddenly. The invincible heavy-weight champion, Apollo Creed requested to fight with him in order to liven up the bout, and Rocky was willing to accept it, so then he started to do hard training.

Not a few people recommend you listen to the famous theme song “Rocky theme song” when they want to raise their spirits. Every time I see something challenging or moving on a TV program, this music is often played in it. I do agree with their opinion, this music is stimulating and stirring. However, at the same time, I couldn't agree with what they said from the heart. It is because I believe that songs or music has to have a background as part of it. To raise my feelings up, it is necessary to have something moving or or some other attracting factors in the music itself while I'm try to overcome some difficulties. So, that's the reason why I hesitated to listen to the theme. I mean, I didn't understand what kinds of messages are included in it.

Although, I may understand why people recommended this music, and now it encourages me a lot. I love it, and also this movie. It is not just an action movie, that movie succeeded to depict not only a success story but also the story of of getting-his-life back. He had a dream to become a famous, strong boxer, but his dream didn't come true until he received a super chance. If people put them into bad circumstances, and everything doesn't work well, most of them would turn to crime.

Nevertheless, he wouldn't do that. He loves little things. He takes care of a street girl. He is concerned about even a man's fingers in debt. He must be in the doom-and-gloom of his life, but he had kept his pride and integrity. Before the bout, he was in a bed with his girlfriend, Adrian, and he says “If I go fifteen rounds, an' that bell rings an' I'm still standin', I'm gonna know then I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood...”. In the game, the champion punched Rocky's nose, and knocked him to the mat over and over, but the Italian Stallion rose each time. Rocky couldn't beat the champion finally, but winning or losing isn't important any longer. He retrieved what he wanted.

[440/7199]

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿