2014年12月15日月曜日

Movie Review 5: School of Rock!

While I was watching the movie, I had been thinking about two things. First, the first half of this movie, I wondered if these are really students and can the main characters really sing a song or playing instruments by themselves? It was questionable whether they are truly playing the guitar, the bass, or the drums. However, as the story went on, I became sure that they were playing instruments on their own, and were really singing the songs. After watched it, I confirmed about it on the Internet just in case.

Second, I felt the difference in ability of actors' performance between American and Japanese movies. I was just thinking the same thought when I was watching American TV dramas, such as C.S.I series and Dr. House. Not to mention, there must be well-financed companies in Hollywood, and also people who want to become a famous, rich, and great actors or actresses who get together at that place from around the world.

In the Japanese movie industry, as long as using bad actor, I mean, for someone who belongs to a major talent agency like Johnny's, it isn't possible to make excellent movies equivalent to the ones in Hollywood. In this movie, the main actor, Jack Black, gave an excellent performance. He played a struggling rock musician. The first part of the movie, he acted as a bad guy who troubled his friend, and also he screwed up his friend's good opportunity to become a teacher at a prestigious elementary school. 

At the same time, he played a passionate teacher, more than his friend. Although his motive was corrupted, as the story went on, it seemed that he started to find the fun in teaching. It was true that he deceived students, parents, and teachers, and messed up study hours for students for a couple of weeks. However, he built a really good relationship between him and students, he found good points of each student. In order to achieve his goal, he gave an important role to each of them, and boost them up. 

Even if you are a true teacher, it is difficult to motivate them, and have them to be united.
There was an interesting lecture, "History of Rock", he taught pupils during the work. It
seemed really interesting, I would take it.As for me, aiming to be a teacher, this movie made me think about how I should stir students up when they are depressed or in such a situation. Of course, I’m not favor of the fact that he ruined the class partially, but actually there were some good motivating methods. I'm not good at communicating with people immediately, so I want to learn from his ability of communication. 

[454/8696]

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿