2014年12月17日水曜日

Movie Review 6: Men in Black 1


In 1997, when MIB was shown in Japan, I was just 10 years-old. I remember this movie
well because it was the first time I had watched a movie, and I resisted going to a theater and was crying. In those times, I saw the advertisement of that movie many times, and I was afraid of seeing it since the characters appear in the movie looked really gross, and both Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones in black suits wearing black
sunglass made me scared too.

Therefore, when my dad invited me to go to the movie, I strongly objected to the idea of watching this movie. However, in the end, in exchange for buying "Pokemon game", I accepted to go there.

 Since then, I haven't seen it for nearly 17 years. Before watching it, I tried to remember
the details of the story, but I totally forgot about them. However, when the movie starts, I began to recall the story. It wasn't a bad movie, I could see many kinds of aliens such as one who can regenerate its own head even if blew his head off, one who operates
someone's body (or it may be a robot) sitting in his head, and a speaking dog-like alien,
made me enjoy myself.

 Although the CG technology that used in it was not good in comparison to the current CG technology. I understand that it can't be helped, but it seemed cheap. In the meantime, I enjoyed lots of scenes. For example, in the first part of the movie, at the trial to decide who would be the best agent, J, performed by Will Smith, shot a target with a girl painted on it while other participants shot monsters. Also when J and K,
Tommy Lee Jones, went to autopsy room, K introduced J as a doctor "White". J turned
on K surprisingly, so K must have used the word as an irony.

 As I criticized about the CG, but in the movie, the scene of Will Smith being attacked by baby alien was so funny. The combination of seasoned cool agent and fresh hot newbie were making good atmosphere. What's more, the performance of the bad alien was really good. His ugly appearance, the creepy accent, and the constrained weird behavior gave me a feeling of ominousness.

 Lastly, according to web pages which written about MIB, the DVD version of MIB2 and
MIB3 have already released, so I'm going to borrow them while praying that they aren't bad movies.

[419/9115]

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿